It’s that time of the year again, my Birthday :). It feels mad to think another year has gone by so quickly. It’s has been a roller coaster of a year learning and growing. Life just got real. I’m an adult that must make real-life decisions and live in this big crazy world.
I honestly don’t know where to start from with all the lessons and growth I’ve had to go through this year. But I will start with 10 things I’ve learned about life and myself since turning 23.
1. Being an adult is no joke. You have to be more responsible and make wise decisions for yourself and your future.
2. Relationships may fail but don’t lose yourself over it. It’s a fact of life that meet people and we sometimes end up going our separate ways. But that’s ok.
3. I’ve developed a whole new self-confidence and self-awareness. It may sound little strange but the confidence and self-awareness that I have now it completely differently from before. I’m more sure of myself, I know my worth, I know what I want, and my self-respect has increased tremendously.
4. God has, is and will always be faithful. He has shown me so much this year and made me realise that he is always there for me.
5. Its ok to not be ok sometimes. Crying doesn’t make you weak. Asking for help doesn’t make you weak. I’ve struggled big time with asking for help. I don’t like to feel like a burden. So, I like to try and work at it myself. But I now understand that it’s ok to ask for help sometimes. It doesn’t make you weak, it makes you strong because it takes courage and strength to ask for help.
6. Things don’t always work the way you want it to. Life happens. Things always happen for a reason. You may not understand it now, but they always do. That is one of the biggest lessons for me this year. Things don’t always go your way. I struggled with that so much this year because I had plans and goals this year and it didn’t quite go the way I expected to. However, God revealed to me that his timing is always the best. Never rush because he has planned how things will work for you. He knows the best and will always do the best for you. You have to trust him.
7. It’s important to be strong to live and fight another day in this life. Life is not for the weak and it is not always a bed of roses. Things happen, and you must fight to stay on top. Be your own cheerleader and fight to be the best that you can be.
8. My time is too precious to be wasting it on people that don’t appreciate me or add value to my life.
9. Patience is a virtue.
10. Life is too short. Don’t let anyone or anything steal your joy.
Those are few of the many things I’ve learned. I’m blessed and happy to see another year in the land of the living and I thank God for the growth and lessons.
Til next time,